No of Pages: 215
Size: 127 x 193mm
Publication Date: 2011
The Caine Prize’s twelfth year. The judges panel is chaired by award-winning Libyan novelist Hisham Matar. Joining him are Granta deputy editor Ellah Allfrey, Georgetown University Professor of English David Gewanter, publisher, film and travel writer Vicky Unwin, and the award-winning author Aminatta Forna.
126 qualifying stories have been submitted from 17 African countries and the panel have announced the following 5 authors for the shortlist:
- NoViolet Bulawayo (Zimbabwe), Hitting Budapest
- Beatrice Lamwaka (Uganda), Butterfly Dreams
- Tim Keegan (South Africa), What Molly Knew
- Lauri Kubuitsile (Botswana), In the Spirit of McPhineas Lata
- David Medalie (South Africa), The Mistress’s Dog
Each of the stories are published in this collection.