The National Amateur Poetry Competition is now accepting entries for our next contest. We encourage new and previously unpublished poets to participate. All qualified entries will receive notification of acceptance within a few weeks. If you’ve previously submitted a poem and already have an account, log in here.
Before submitting your poem, please make sure you have read and adhered to the following guidelines where applicable:
- Only submit ONE poem, ONE time. Submitting multiple poems will cause disqualification. Only one poem per household will be accepted.
- Poem must be 26 lines or less, including stanza breaks but not including the title, and lines may be no more than 70 characters across, including spaces.
- Poem must adhere to basic rules of capitalization.
- Do not type poem in all capital letters.
- Do not capitalize the first letter of every word.
- Only capitalize words that are proper (i.e. names and places).
- The first word of each line may be capitalized.
- Be sure to proofread your poem for any grammatical errors.
- Do not use “texting” lingo. Properly spell out all words.
- Poems containing language that is vulgar, offensive, or wholly inappropriate will not be accepted.
- To ensure proper lineation, please use the “Enter” key to start a new line, indicating all intentional line breaks.